Where the magic happens…
Lynne was born in Reading and grew up in the leafy market town of Wokingham, in Berkshire. Even from an early age she showed great promise as an artist, a talent which was encouraged by her school teachers.
Lynne studied at Brighton University, where she gained her degree in Fine Art in 1998. It was whilst studying at Brighton that she met her now husband James, and they decided to settle in the nearby town of Eastbourne.
Her first show was the Art Foundation End of Year Exhibition, where every piece of her work was sold. She also exhibited at the Fine Art Painting End of Year Degree Show 1998.
Lynne returned to Berkshire in 2008 where she now resides with James, her two daughters and two cats.
Lynne’s more recent work has been exhibited in several Berkshire galleries and she was awarded First Prize for the Wokingham Art Society’s Your Choice Award in 2014.
Some notable achievements include;
- Exhibiting at Gabriel Fine Art Gallery, London Waterloo.
- Wokingham Art Society Summer Exhibition 2014 (1st Prize Your Choice Award).
- Wokingham Art Society Summer Exhibition 2013 (3rd Prize People’s Choice Award).
- Resident Artist at V & A Traynor Fine Art Gallery, Binfield.
- Exhibiting and selling paintings at The Jelly Leg’d Chicken Art Gallery, Reading
- Fine Art Painting End of Year Degree Show 1998.
- Art Foundation end of year exhibition (All work sold).
- Artwork selected for the Berkshire Creative Design Awards 1992 for exhibition.
Commission based Artwork from 1994 to the present.
Lynne’s paintings have always had a wonderful atmospheric feel. Her most recent work consists mostly of childhood scenes, reflecting her happy family life and often shows inspiration from her time living near the sea. Working almost exclusively in acrylic, she is able to create a real sense of magic.